Friday, April 11, 2008

Fort Davis

We decide to head out Thursday afternoon,2:00p.m well, that was the initial plan. RK is stuck in Traffic only 2 exits from Tammy's. Meanwhile, I am on my way.. running behind though, I get the redirected route to Tammy's . So, we finally get there, 2:45 p.m. and we are looking at all the "Stuff" that is suppose to fit in the car. We have 3 people, 5 bikes and 4 bike racks. So, one bike will need to go into the Subaru. My Giant has the integrated seat post, so that is out of the question. Tammy and Kim, "I can't take my seat post off" . Okay... So, we decide to take one of the bike racks off of Tammy's car to place on my car. Along with the other two bikes ,space saver all on top of the car. What is the weight limit for a Subaru? 100 lbs..? Though, the bike has to be placed backwards on the car, to fit next to my bike. Now we have more room in the car. We finally get all loaded up and head out 4:00 p.m. make our first stop, 4:05 pm to get Ice. Which, happened to be in the back of the car, so we had to unload the bikes off the back to get to the coolers to add ice. Load the bikes back on and were off. 4:20p.m. We get on I20 heading West. And the wind is a gusting 30mph , it is soo Windy. I am keeping an eye on the bikes. Still very nervous, I decide to pull over and just do a bike check. Everything is fastly secured. So, back to it. 5 minutes later, I am looking in the mirror and I see Tammy's Bike Fly OFF The CAR. I PULL OVER, and we run out, see her bike laying in the fast lane. Meanwhile, another vehicle who witnessed it all, pulled over to the left, and is running back to the bike, and Drags the bike out of the way, just in time to be saved from the Semi Trucks. Thank God. We get to the bike, and believe it or not, It is all in tact. Looks good. The saddle is torn up , hoods are bent inwards, and the wheel seems to be out of true, and the derailler hanger is bent. So, 5:00p.m We place the bike in the back seat, Tammy jumps in the front with Kim and we head to Colonel's . 5:15p.m. Get to Colonels and Tim works on the injured bike. 5:30 pm , Tammy decides to stay back with her bike and hitch's a ride to Fort Davis. 5:45 pm Kim and I decide to head on out. On the road now, 6:00 p.m. About this time, is when Kim realizes she lost her retainers when we stopped off of I20 earlier. So, we thought, well, we will go back to the scene of the crime, and our only knowledge of location was from the highly littered area we had walked thru , back to our car earlier. So, we stop and what do you know.. Kim finds her lower retainer!! Places it back into her mouth.. it is still good, she replies. she continues to look for the upper retainer, no luck. so We decide to hit the road. Were in the car and our way. ETA is 1:30 A.M, Actual arrival time, 3:40 a.m. Bed Time 4:00 a.m. Oh, and Kim finds her other retainer in the Car. They say bad luck is better then no Luck at all. Stay tuned for more..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

then what happened? : )